The Home Care Package is designed to assist individuals to remain living in their own home for as long as possible.
The services available are contained in the Quality of Care Principles 2014. The range of care and services available for any Home Care Package includes the following:
- Personal services
- Activities of daily living
- Nutrition, hydration, meal preparation and diet
- Management of skin integrity
- Mobility and dexterity
- personal laundry services
- Leisure interests and activities
- Allied health (podiatry, physiotherapy services; and other clinical services such as hearing and vision services)
- Access to other health and related services
To apply for a Home Care package you must first contact your GP to organise an Aged Care Assessment. More information can be found by going to the My Aged Care Website.